We are thrilled to announce that we recently became a Certified B Corporation!
B Corporations, or B Corps for short, are for-profit companies that meet certain social and environmental standards. Some would consider it today’s gold standard for green and socially responsible business certifications. B Corp Certification is based on three essential pillars: verified performance, transparency through a public B Impact Report, and meeting specific legal requirements. The process of becoming certified is thorough and provides guidance on ways to improve your operations and business management from an impact perspective.
As a Certified B Corp, we are required to consider the impact of our actions on our employees, clients, community, and the environment. We are demonstrating our commitment to these values, not only through our investment decisions, but also through our business practices. As an ESG investing firm, it is a natural fit. Here are just some of the ways that B Corps are making the world a better place:
- B Corps outperform ordinary businesses by 15% on natural-resource conservation.
- B Corps based in the United States are 49% more likely to employ managers from traditionally underrepresented groups in comparison to ordinary businesses.
- B Corps are 28% more likely to have hosted or organized company service days in the last year and 71% more likely to offer paid time off for community service in comparison to ordinary businesses.
- 67% of B Corps screen suppliers based on use of positive social and environmental practices. (210% more likely than an ordinary business).
- The average pay ratio for B Corps is 7:1. B Corps are 29% more likely to have a pay ratio of 6:1 or better in comparison with ordinary businesses. B Corps are 48% less likely to have a pay ratio of 16:1 or higher in comparison with ordinary businesses.
As a new B Corp, we are excited and grateful to join a community of companies dedicated to balancing purpose and profit. We are proud to be part of the B Corp movement and look forward to working alongside other certified companies to drive positive change.
We invite you to see our profile and to learn more about B Corporations here: https://www.bcorporation.net/en-us/find-a-b-corp/company/impact-investors/